[Kde-kiosk] KDE File Associations / Star Office

Martijn Klingens kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:18:13 +0100

On Wednesday 27 March 2002 22:49, Janyne Kizer wrote:
> I think that I have the StarOffice 5.2 setup working properly from
> /etc/skel.  Basically, I set up a new test id and used the StarOffice
> mini-install as usual.  Then I copied the ~/office52 directory and the
> ~/.sversionrc file to /etc/skel.  The two tricky parts are:
>
> .sversionrc is user specific.  (~ doesn't work)
> [Versions]
> StarOffice 5.2=/home/$USERID/office52
>
> If this file isn't right and you run soffice, it will start the
> mini-install.

The only two ways to avoid that which I can think of now are to run a small
script upon user creation or login to make sure that entry is correct, or to
make the StarOffice .desktop file run a small shell script that does the
check before starting soffice.

Waldo, is there a way to make certain apps or scripts run upon the first KDE
login? That would be an excellent place to post-process little things like
these...

Martijn