[Kde-kiosk] KDE File Associations

Janyne Kizer kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:55:15 -0500

OK, this is what I did.  The problem that I see is that it appears that
each user will have to run a StarOffice mini-installation and that will
overwrite my changes here and/or override any changes made to
$KDEDIR/share/mimelnk and $KDEDIR/share/applnk (if I am understanding
things correctly).  Next thing is to avoid that whole mini-install
thing.  Thanks again guys!

~/.kde/share/mimelnk/application/x-swriter.kdelnk

# KDE Config File
[KDE Desktop Entry]
MiniIcon=sdw.xpm
MimeType=application/x-swriter
Comment=StarOffice file
DefaultApp=StarOffice
Icon=sdw.xpm
Type=MimeType
Comment[de]=StarOffice Datei
Patterns=*.sdw;*.doc;

~/.kde/share/applnk/staroffice_52/StarOffice.kdelnk

[Desktop Entry]
BinaryPattern=soffice;
Comment=StarOffice 5.2
Exec=/opt/staroffice52/program/soffice %f
Icon=so52.xpm
MimeType=application/msword;application/x-scalc;application/x-smf;application/x-sdraw;application/x-sds;application/x-swriter;application/x-s$
Name=StarOffice
Path=$HOME
Protocols=file;ftp;http;
ServiceTypes=