[Kde-kiosk] Restricting Window Close Buttons/Keys

John Vestrum kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:33:07 -0600

First off, see www.openssh.com

> window. This application can involve a series of database updates and
> terminating the process halfway is most undesirable so I need to stop
> them blowing away the xterm by clicking the window close titlebar button,
> Pressing Alt-F4 or using menu "Window Close".
>
> The only way they should be able to get out of the 'curses' application
> is for the server end to cleanly close the session.

I had the same problem, and I also had no luck searching for a way to do this
with the window manager. So I grabbed the source for rxvt, a relatively
lightweight and easy-to-compile xterm replacement, and hacked it. I only had
to comment out a few lines to get rxvt to ignore the window close signal.

--
John Vestrum
Assistant Systems Administrator