[Kde-kiosk] Restricting Window Close Buttons/Keys

Russell Brown kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:00:13 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

In the ongoing search to provide 'user proof' KDE :-) can anyone help
with this problem?

We have users who telnet to a curses/VT100 application using an 'xterm'
window. This application can involve a series of database updates and
terminating the process halfway is most undesirable so I need to stop
them blowing away the xterm by clicking the window close titlebar button,
Pressing Alt-F4 or using menu "Window Close".

The only way they should be able to get out of the 'curses' application
is for the server end to cleanly close the session.

I know that I can change kwinrc to remove these functions for *all*
applications but does anyone know how to do this for *selected*
applications? I even tried RTFMing for kwin.... but can seem to find a FM!

--
 Regards,
     Russell