[Kde-kiosk] Hello!

Bill Kendrick kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 02:41:17 -0800

Hello all,

My name is Bill Kendrick.

Recently, a non-profit technology organization [1] in my town
(Davis, California), asked if my Linux User Group [2] would set up a
replacement PC for a public access terminal they have set up at a local
newspaper/magazine shop in town. [3]

I decided to go with Debian/Woody for the distribution, and after some
searching, KDE 3 and Konqueror for the desktop & browser.

The requirements are that the system _only_ provide a browser, and
nothing else.  (For me, this also includes a text viewer and the
help browser.)

I've been working on KDE 3.0.4 (since it's packaged for Woody),
and trying to get the environment set up, but have had a few
issues here and there.  It's mostly getting there, though!

(I'm currently upgrading to 3.0.5, since I noticed it was
released as Debian packages since I first set this box up.)

I'll post a few questions I have now, before I head to bed.
No doubt I'll have a couple more tomorrow evening, once I get
back into it.

Thanks in advance, and take care!

-bill!
[1] Davis Community Network (DCN) - http://www.dcn.org/