[Kde-java] Where is QMap

Olivier Dragon dragonoe at mcmaster.ca
Tue Oct 5 16:16:12 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 06:18:52AM +0100, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Saturday 02 October 2004 20:46, David Goodenough wrote:
> > I do intend to write up a HOWTO which will be aimed at use of Eclipse
> > and Qt Designer, but of more general interest as well as it will be a
> > companion guide so that people can take the Qt manual examples and
> > produce the Java equivalent.  Initially this will be on one of my web sites
> > but if this is felt to be more useful it can be moved wherever anyone
> > wants to put it.
> Yes, anything like that would be very welcome on the KDE Developer's corner. I
> don't know if anyone has done a project template for Eclipse for both Qt and
> KDE app, but that would be very useful and shouldn't be much work I wouldn't
> have thought. I haven't looked into what KDevelop java support is like
> recently, but the java app template produces code which doesn't compile last
> time I heard, which nobody seemed to fix.

The HOWTO would be a very good idea. I for one have been struggling to
learn QT, KDE and the programming of both with Java. I'm using qt3-java,
juic, designer and Eclipse with blackdown 1.4.2.

I've looked at the KDE developer's corner but found myself craving for
more documentation. In particular it would be great to have javadocs for
all the qt and kde java APIs (I didn't find any). Even just having the
class and method listed with no explanation would be great and easier
than trying to browse the objects in Eclipse's explorer window or
looking at the online QT/KDE docs in C++ and try to guess the
differences in calling these in Java.

Cheers,
-Olivier

--
          __-/|    ? ?     |\-__
     __--/  /  \   (^^)   /  \  \--__
  _-/   /   /  /\ / ( )  /\  \   \   \-_
 /  /   /  /  /  (   ^^ ~  \  \  \   \  \
 / Oli Dragon    ( dragonoe at mcmaster.ca \
/  B.Eng. Sfwr   (     )    \    \  \    \
                        *~
       [http://dragon.homelinux.org]