[KDE-India] Please suggest a license for my book : Programming with KDE4 Using C++

Manish Chakravarty manishchaks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:01:02 CET 2008

> Coo! - (I say this even before reading the book, because I assume, you
> have taken a effort to do something and have come up with results.)

Thanks a lot. I hope the community likes the book

> [snip]
>

> Hmm, I'm not experienced enough to suggest licenses, but since you
> insist on /not/ having GNU FDL, and this being a different media of
> information (knowledge) than code (software), you could opt for one of
> the Creative Commons License. (CC-India turned 1 year old yesterday).
> To know more about it (assuming, you didn't consider it) here's the URL:
> http://creativecommons.org/about/license/
>
> [huge snip]

KDE Techbase is dual GFDL/CC. would that make sense?

Remeber I have quoted kdelibs code a lot. kdelibs is under LGPL.
Since techbase gets away with the dual license, I guess that would be ok

/me thinks it's much easier to write a 400 pg book than select a license for
it.

> All the best

Manish Chakravarty
http://manish-chaks.livejournal.com/