[KDE-India] KDE-India Logo v2.0

Mrugesh Karnik mrugeshkarnik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 16:51:58 CET 2007

On Tuesday 30 Oct 2007 10:56:37 Pradeepto Bhattacharya wrote:
>       Here are some samples of logos [1]. Please send in your
> suggestions, opinions, critiques. The most liked design will mostly
> be used for t-shirt printing.
>
>       Thanks in advance. I have to thank 3 *really* nice people who
> are very closely related to this design and t-shirt printing. But that
> deserves a separate thread really, some time soon. Keep guessing till
> then. Hint - all of them are Indian contributors ( hey Atul :) ) to
> FOSS, in this particular case to KDE. :)
>
>        Parthan, btw, now you know why I was looking for certain fonts ;)
>
>       [1]http://freeshell.in/~pradeepto/kde/artwork/

I don't like any of them. The original was great. I'd only replace the text in
it.

Wrt fonts, none of the fonts fit in. They all look ugly imho. The change in
the relative sizes of the gear and the flag makes it look worse.

I'm just being absolutely blunt. I'm sure these comments won't go down easy.
But they don't have to be considered anyway.

Regards.
Mrugesh Karnik
GPG Key 0xBA6F1DA8
Public key on http://wwwkeys.pgp.net