[KDE-India] KDE-India Logo v2.0

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 17:29:44 CET 2007

Hi,

On 10/30/07, Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't like any of them. The original was great. I'd only replace the text in
> it.

          The original was done by Kenneth W, the lead kde-artist
dude, whom I did approach in first place but it was a bad timing for
him since he was in the middle of Gutsy release and then away on
business for sometime.

          So I had to look for someone else. I thankfully found a nice
young dude who is uber enthusiast about FOSS and is willing to commit
his time and energy for FOSS and KDE. He is new in FOSS completely. He
asked for the original unfortunately fonts which I didnot have. All I
could give me was a some half finished logos and one completely
finished logo and some ideas.

> Wrt fonts, none of the fonts fit in. They all look ugly imho. The change in
> the relative sizes of the gear and the flag makes it look worse.

            See above. I have already asked the guy to remove the
skewedness ( which I have no idea why he added to the flag colours )
and he has readily accepted and said he will revert back to me. I am
really amazed how much this guy has done in last few days and the
number of requests and happily accepted them as well. So I would be
little bit more sensitive to him than you were.

            At no cost I would tell him that they are ugly or any such
thing. He is learning. He is interested in FOSS. He wants to
contribute. He is fascinated by the whole world of FOSS. He is more
than willing to learn more.  He reminds me of Sharan - one person whom
I admire the most. I see similar traits - the excitement to learn
something new, the excitement to do something new, the excitement to
contribute, the excitement to sit all night to write the small Qt
program and send it across at 3 AM  / to finish the logo / to install
Krita to see what he can do with it.

            So, I will support this guy till the end. I will instead
send some constructive opinions so as not to kill his motivation
forever.

             As for the indic styled fonts, well I liked those,
rational being "india perspective". Some might not like it surely.

> I'm just being absolutely blunt. I'm sure these comments won't go down easy.

           Being blunt is not the best solution to everything.

> But they don't have to be considered anyway.

           They have been considered already.

           Cheers!

Pradeepto
--