[KDE-India] Qt/KDE4 and Contributions from Indians

Prashanth Udupa prashanth.udupa at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 19:14:12 CET 2006

Hi Everybody,

The common feeling amongst every body at FOSS.IN 2006 was that,
we have a lot of talent and capability to contribute to one of the coolest
projects on the planet today: KDE; but we have to beat a lot of gravity
to take off. There is a lot of interest, intent and competence to contribute;
but the initial hurdles are quite difficult to surpass.

Towards this, at a BOF in FOSS.IN, Taj, Aaron and the others at the
BOF started to realize that may be documenting and writing articles
on KDE/Qt could spice up contributions from Indians. I think thats a
cool idea.

I hope that we can kick off a documentation project in KDE.in where
experienced developers from KDE/India team can write articles on
KDE/Qt programming; and help explain different aspects of KDE/Qt
programming. We can start small, with really simple concepts and
move on to advanced concepts in KDE like KConfig, KIO, KParts
and so on.

Am sure that the motivation and the "FOSS.IN high" will keep our
batteries energized to get started on this project. Over the next
few days; I think KDE.in moderators can initialize a plan of action
discussion, and provide some directions on how we can go about
doing this. With a little patience, effort and collaboration, I think we
can contribute profoundly.

--
Thanks and Warm Regards,
Prashanth N Udupa