[KDE-India] Qt/KDE4 and Contributions from Indians

USM Bish bish at airtelbroadband.in
Mon Nov 27 17:27:13 CET 2006

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 11:44:12PM +0530, Prashanth Udupa wrote:

[ some snipped ]

> I  hope that  we can  kick  off a  documentation project  in
> KDE.in where experienced developers  from KDE/India team can
> write  articles  on  KDE/Qt programming;  and  help  explain
> different aspects of KDE/Qt programming. We can start small,
> with really simple concepts and move on to advanced concepts
> in KDE like KConfig, KIO, KParts and so on.

Proposal seconded.

> Am sure that the motivation and the "FOSS.IN high" will keep
> our  batteries energized  to  get started  on this  project.
> Over  the  next few  days;  I  think KDE.in  moderators  can
> initialize  a plan  of action  discussion, and  provide some
> directions  on  how we  can  go  about  doing this.  With  a
> little patience,  effort and  collaboration, I think  we can
> contribute profoundly.

Only issue is that the  "kde.in moderators" must be recharging
their batteries by now, after  the discharge of all capacitors
at the foss.in.  It would be fair to give  them some recouping
time ... after that we can get at them in earnest.

Bish

PS:  Incidentally, Prashanth,  your  "VTK  designer" stuff  is
really a great one ... simply brilliant.