[KDE-India] T-Shirt Design Vote

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 02:50:27 CET 2006

Hi,

    Thanks for your contributions.

> As long as we dont have the flag itself in its direct form, I dont see
> a problem.

       That is why from the start I have been mentioning we need to
use ONLY the flag colours and NOT the flag itself. The idea behind the
the tee design is to use ONLY the tri colours. As Shriramana Sharma
pointed on the list saying that there is no law against using the tri
colours.

        Another point raised was use of lettering on the flag. Well, I
am no lawer but if there is not flag then does this argument hold any
water? If there is NO flag then there is NO Chakra in question.

> I know of thousands of Indian cricket team supporters and at least 11
> players who should be inside chains right now, if the law was really
> supposed to be interpreted the way it was presented in this forum
> earlier.

          The BCCI logo is circular and  close to the Chakra. I am
sure most people have seen using that this logo is superimposed on the
Indian Flag colours and is printed on the cap. I must admit that the
logo is placed on more of on the Saffron colour than the White at the
center.

          Another concern is that how long this discussion will go on?
A valid concern, thanks Vivek. I had that in mind and hence the time
frame / deadline for this discussion which btw ends on Sunday the 15th
at 23:59 Hours IST. The delay is unacceptable.

          Rajeev thanks for the mockup. Appreciate your work and contribution.

          One more thing I would like to repeat and clarify, please
remember the design in question is the second design that was
submitted to the list by Ken. I have posted the same at the start of
this thread dated Jan 12, 2006.  Just incase there is confusion
between the earlier design submitted by Ken in the other thread.

          Thank you everybody for your co-operation.

Regards
Pradeepto