[KDE-India] Action Plan

Rajeev Joseph Sebastian rajeev_jsv at dinamis.com
Tue Dec 13 17:34:47 CET 2005

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 21:56, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> Steven said on Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 09:30:58PM +0530,:
>  > ya thats there, but if you have a large number of images, like photos in
>  > sequence, its gonna be difficult keep moving the mouse over each image,
>  > besides the previews are small. The thumb nails, you can enlarge them to
>  > what ever size you want by manually editing the .directory file. But it
>  > would be far more convenient and simpler to use a preview pane and keep
>  > clicking on the next button.
>  > You could alternatively use a viewer but then it wouldn't be preview ..
>  > he he ;-)
>  >
>  > check out this pic .. its a preview of longhorn
>  > http://www.winsupersite.com/images/reviews/lh_alpha_017.gif
>
> Still, how  is this different (or  better) from the result  you get by
> enabling icon view (View > View Mode > Icon View),
>
> and then enabling preview of the required files in
>

> View > Previews
>
>  ??
>
> With  these settings, (screen  shot if  required) I  have no  need for
> gwenview  (it  *is*  a  KDE  program) or  kuickshow  or  kview.  IIRC,
> kuickshow had pretty useful
You can also use the Gwenview part to view images in sequence, within
konqueror.

Go to an image directory (i.e., directory with images in it). Double click an
image. This brings up the gwenview kpart. Use the toolbar next and prev
buttons to go forward and backward.

Oh btw, I use kubuntu. So your mileage might vary.
--
Regards,
Rajeev J Sebastian