[Kde-imaging] Adding kipi plugin, do I need to become KDE developer

Kevin Dalley kevin at kelphead.org
Wed Jul 3 17:00:32 UTC 2013

Sticking it in a branch is a good idea. While my plugin/photivo change
works for me, there are sure to be a few changes before the final release.

Photivo developers also talk about using digikam database directly,
which would be great, but may be delayed.

Benjamin, you are right, I am getting the digikam information into the
file processed by photivo, which can then be read by digikam. The data
in the 2 files should be nearly identical; photivo changes a few items,
of course.

I might borrow the plugin name.

I sympathize with the student. Over the years, I have often been an open
source developer. I was the GNU findutils maintainer for a while. Then I
ran out of free time. Fortunately, these photivo/kipi changes are far
enough along to be useful now. I will try not to drop out until the
changes go out. :).