[Kde-imaging] Adding kipi plugin, do I need to become KDE developer

Benjamin Girault benjamin.girault at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 13:13:47 UTC 2013

2013/7/3 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>:
> I propose to take a developer account and to put your code in a
> dedicated kipi-plugins branch to review it and prepare for production.
>
> Current photivo plugin is disabled at compilation time...
>
> Also, i would to know the viewpoint of Benjamin Girault (in this room)
> who have follow student last year about this project.

Go ahead, the student who wrote this piece of code never showed up
again to finish what he started, even though he told me he would when
I contacted him. I am really disappointed by him and I am pretty sure
this code will never be finished. I have no problem with you using its
name for your plugin.

Concerning the goal of his plugin, I think it was to get information
from a file processed by photivo and display them in digiKam, which is
the opposite of what your doing (but I may be wrong). Both
integrations are interesting, and I would be happy to see a better
interaction between the two softwares.

--
Benjamin