[Kde-imaging] libksane, do not compile...

Kåre Särs kare.sars at iki.fi
Tue Sep 29 12:03:22 CEST 2009

On Monday 28 September 2009, Kåre Särs wrote:
> On Sunday 27 September 2009, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Current code from libksane do not compile with KDE 4.2.2 and Qt 4.5.0
> > (Mandriva 2009.1)

Andrius Štikonas wrote in the commit log:
"
Add KDE 4.2 compatibility hacks.
Digikam people want trunk libksane compatible with KDE 4.2 for at least a few
more months
until KDE 4.3+ becomes most popular releases.
"

What is the reasoning behind this? I'm OK with it, I'd just like to understand
why :)

Is it for the convenience of the developers to be able to compile kdegraphics
trunk without having to install kdelibs >= 4.3?

--
Kåre Särs