[Kde-imaging] New kipi plugin: export to shwup.com

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 08:31:25 CEST 2009

2009/10/24 Timothee Groleau <kde at timotheegroleau.com>:
> Hi Gilles,
>
> Thanks you very much for your reply, and for reviewing the code :)
>

>> > The shwup kipi plugin takes code *heavily* from the facebook export
>> > plugin. In fact a large part of it is copy paste, with minor tweaks here
>> > and there (the biggest changes being the removal of the import code and
>> > of course a specific shwup connector class). The facebook code itself was
>> > taken from kipi-plugins 0.6.0
>>
>> It's not possible to merge both, or shwup, at least interface ? Also
>> this will reduce plugins to load at startup...
>
> Maybe; although there are some differences, for user management in particular.
> My initial motivation was to get the shwup plugin working, without risking
> breaking anything else. But now that it's out, I'll check if some code can be
> merged with the facebook plugin.

Perhaps something is possible with GUI, but for the rest no. For the
moment, all is fine. If factorization need to be done, a common export
dialog must be introduced into libkipi-plugin and used with all export
tool (flickr, picasaweb, smug, etc...)

>> > The plugin introduces a dependency to QCA2 because the authentication
>> > system of shwup.com requires support for md5, sha1. and hmac(sha1). I
>> > have modified the kipi cmake file to search for that dependency and
>> > compile the shwup plugin only if it is found.
>>
>> This is not possible to use KDE4 api for that (i'm not sure if code is
>> available in kdelibs to support md5, sha1, etc...)
>> The idea is to reduce external dependencies of course.

Forget that. QCA2 is also used by KDELibs. So the dependency is not a problem.

Your plugin will compile certainly under windows. QCA2 lib is
available with KDE-win project. All is fine. I will check it win
compilation this week end.

Question : I see an upload widget written in your code. Do you plan an
import tool too ?