[Kde-imaging] New kipi plugin: export to shwup.com

Timothee Groleau kde at timotheegroleau.com
Sat Oct 24 05:51:34 CEST 2009

Hi Gilles,

Thanks you very much for your reply, and for reviewing the code :)

> > The shwup kipi plugin takes code *heavily* from the facebook export
> > plugin. In fact a large part of it is copy paste, with minor tweaks here
> > and there (the biggest changes being the removal of the import code and
> > of course a specific shwup connector class). The facebook code itself was
> > taken from kipi-plugins 0.6.0
>
> It's not possible to merge both, or shwup, at least interface ? Also
> this will reduce plugins to load at startup...

Maybe; although there are some differences, for user management in particular.
My initial motivation was to get the shwup plugin working, without risking
breaking anything else. But now that it's out, I'll check if some code can be
merged with the facebook plugin.

> > The plugin introduces a dependency to QCA2 because the authentication
> > system of shwup.com requires support for md5, sha1. and hmac(sha1). I
> > have modified the kipi cmake file to search for that dependency and
> > compile the shwup plugin only if it is found.
>
> This is not possible to use KDE4 api for that (i'm not sure if code is
> available in kdelibs to support md5, sha1, etc...)
> The idea is to reduce external dependencies of course.

I understand. Kdelibs definitely has md5, but I didn't see sha1 and
hmac(sha1), so I opted to using QCA2. If anyone knows of a kde-based
implementation for those, I'd glady convert the code and remove the
dependency.

> > I am using the plugin for myself (I am a kPhotoalbum user), and I am
> > willing to be a maintainer for it. Although, I currently work for muvee,
> > this is my own pet project that I am doing mostly in my free time.
>
> If you want to be the maintainer, as code will be hosted to KDE
> reprository, you need a developper account for that. Look there for
> details :
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account

Thanks for the link, I will apply for an account.

Thanks again for the feedback, Gilles!
Tim.