[Kde-imaging] reflexion about kipi-plugins port to Windows...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 10:24:56 CET 2008

2008/10/21 Kåre Särs <kare.sars at kolumbus.fi>

> On Tuesday 21 October 2008, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > 2008/10/21 Kåre Särs <kare.sars at kolumbus.fi>
> >
> > > Hi,

> up a
> stuff...

> are
> > > Sorry, I haven't had any plans for that. My windows partition was
> booted
> > > last
> > > time ~3 months ago for my kids to play some windows only games :)
> > >
> > > But who knows, maybe you can convince me to do that in Genoa :)
> > >

> > Well, we cannot ignore win32, since KDE4 can be compiled on this OS.
> >
> > If i'm not too wrong, libkscan use TWAIN interface under Win32. Right ?
> >
> Not in the code I found in svn :(
>
> > It's not planed to replace libkscan by libksane in the future ? If yes, a
> > simple backport of this win32 code can be enough.
> Actually only the kio plugin API is left of the old libkscan.
>
> I think making a kscan plugin for Win32 would be the fastest, but that
> would
> not support 16bit colors since the kscan API doesn't.

Well, done in svn. I have implemented a Qt Twain interface with AcquireImage
plugin. Now we can scan an image under windows.

It's not perfect, but it's a first stage. Also the code only compile under
win32. It's possible to port it under MacosX, because Tawin running too
under this system. There is few changes to do in the code, especially to
handle image data from twain interface (DIB image under win32, i don't know
unde mac).

Also, i don't have a Mac to play for the moment...