[Kde-imaging] reflexion about kipi-plugins port to Windows...

Kåre Särs kare.sars at kolumbus.fi
Tue Oct 21 21:23:44 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> 2008/10/21 Kåre Särs <kare.sars at kolumbus.fi>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tuesday 21 October 2008 16:24:43 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Since few week, i'm not very productive in svn... i'm trying to set up a
> > > development environment into Windows (Vista) to fix code with M$ stuff...
> > >
> > > No my computer is fine. i can compile kdegraphics/libs digiKam and
> > > kipi-plugins.
> > >
> > > Duing of lack of few depencies under win32, some plugins/library are
> > > missing:
> > >
> > > - libsane => libksane is disable => AcquireImage plugin disable
> > >
> > > ==> we need an alternative under Win32 to use TWAIN interface. Kare, are
> > > you any plan for that ?
> > Sorry, I haven't had any plans for that. My windows partition was booted
> > last
> > time ~3 months ago for my kids to play some windows only games :)
> >
> > But who knows, maybe you can convince me to do that in Genoa :)
> >

> Well, we cannot ignore win32, since KDE4 can be compiled on this OS.
>
> If i'm not too wrong, libkscan use TWAIN interface under Win32. Right ?

Not in the code I found in svn :(

> It's not planed to replace libkscan by libksane in the future ? If yes, a
> simple backport of this win32 code can be enough.
Actually only the kio plugin API is left of the old libkscan.

I think making a kscan plugin for Win32 would be the fastest, but that would
not support 16bit colors since the kscan API doesn't.

> Sane library will be ported to win32 in the future ?
There is a partial port, but the only ported backend is the network backend.

--
Kåre Särs