[Kde-imaging] reflexion about kipi-plugins port to Windows...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 19:05:04 CEST 2008

2008/10/21 Kåre Särs <kare.sars at kolumbus.fi>

> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 21 October 2008 16:24:43 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Since few week, i'm not very productive in svn... i'm trying to set up a
> > development environment into Windows (Vista) to fix code with M$ stuff...
> >
> > No my computer is fine. i can compile kdegraphics/libs digiKam and
> > kipi-plugins.
> >
> > Duing of lack of few depencies under win32, some plugins/library are
> > missing:
> >
> > - libsane => libksane is disable => AcquireImage plugin disable
> >
> > ==> we need an alternative under Win32 to use TWAIN interface. Kare, are
> > you any plan for that ?
> Sorry, I haven't had any plans for that. My windows partition was booted
> last
> time ~3 months ago for my kids to play some windows only games :)
>
> But who knows, maybe you can convince me to do that in Genoa :)

Well, we cannot ignore win32, since KDE4 can be compiled on this OS.

If i'm not too wrong, libkscan use TWAIN interface under Win32. Right ?

It's not planed to replace libkscan by libksane in the future ? If yes, a
simple backport of this win32 code can be enough.

Sane library will be ported to win32 in the future ?

Gilles