[Kde-imaging] ksaneplugin (and libksane)

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Mon May 5 12:17:53 CEST 2008

lunedì 5 maggio 2008 alle 11:40, Gilles Caulier ha scritto:
> 2008/5/5 Kåre Särs <kare.sars at kolumbus.fi>:
> > On Monday 05 May 2008, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> >  > >
> >  > > Take a care Angelo, we talking about KDE4 version here, witch still
> >  > > under development (not KDE3)
> >  >
> >  > Of course that is a statistic :)
> >  > I can't say what we're doing in future :D
> >  >

> >  What do you think about a "support-gears" for extragear libs that provide
> >  optional features to KDE modules?
Well I don't know really, i haven't thought to that in past, and i had the same
position as Gilles.
But now we're in a different situation, gwenview is not in extragear anymore
and it is the first kde-graphics application using libkipi and i hope that is
only a start point not the only exception :)

> What the advantage ?
Thinking about that, it could be to have kipi-plugins inside the file manager
what ever it is, or a plugin could be used by any other applications. But of course
that could required a different management of kipi-plugins as well, and that could
not be possible by now :/
But having a kipi support does not meaning you need kipi-plugins, if they are in
you can use them :)

> Note : i don't like the idea to release libkipi at the same time than
> KDE core...
Maybe if extragear follows kde-core release plan as Toma is trying to do...
there's no needs to add a new group (support-gears i mean).

But in any cases i'd like to hear other developers here.... so please don't be
quiet :)

Angelo