[Kde-imaging] Typos in libkdcraw

Oliver Dörr oliver at doerr-privat.de
Sat Mar 1 18:15:33 CET 2008

Angelo Naselli schrieb:
> sabato 1 marzo 2008, Oliver Dörr ha scritto:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> just found multiple typos in one string to translate...

>> cameraIf
>> not available, reverts to default neutral white balance
>> balanceaveraging the entire image
>> values
>>
> Are tehy in kde3?

Sure, that's there the release is happening...

>> Btw. the German translation is incomplete for this release. I was not
>> even aware that there was a string freeze, same for KIPI-plugins
>>
> My fault sorry. Mandriva is going to be on freeze next monday and
> i could not leave the kipi-plugins in rc2 because it was buggy on some
> printwizard dialogs. So i made all in rush i don't want to have again.
> Sorry again.
> Next time i won't forget to send a mail to kde-i18n-doc@ :/
> Anyway the package has not been officially released so tell us if you need
> more time and how much.

I've just completed the translation and checked it in. However, every
time a release was done without enough time to translate i get a lot of
bug-reports and mails to my personal mail address. They all want those
untranslated strings to be fixed. So what you just done is VERY
frustrating for a translator.

>> PS: Is there any way that the translators get a string freeze of two
>> week BEFORE a release, that we will be informed about the time schedule
>> and that all developers respect the string freeze?
>>
> I can't promise always 2 weeks, but at least one yes.
> I should start planning a real roadmap from now on, by now i've tried to go on
> with developers deadline...

If you can't promise 2 weeks, than i can't promise a complete German
translation. I have a wife, two children, and a career at office. So i
can't promise that I'll find time to finish a translation in one week

Oliver