[Kde-imaging] Export and Import to IPTC

Carrion, Fabian (GE Money, consultant) Fabian.Carrion at ge.com
Fri Mar 9 02:15:17 CET 2007

Hi,

Yeah I have to take care about c++ exception.

I haven't use your libkexiv2 interface because Jesper tells me to use that library.

Ok I had a look at your metadataedit plugin.

My plugin should map directly ImageInfo datas to IPTC tags and IPTC tags to ImageInfo datas.

Right now I maped it that way from info to Iptc:
Iptc.Application2.Headline   <--  info.title
Iptc.Application2.Caption    <-- info.description
Iptc.Application2.Category  <-- album.name
Iptc.Application2.DateCreated <-- info.time().toString("yyyy-MM-dd")
Iptc.Envelope.TimeSent          <-- info.time().toString("hh:mm:ss")
Iptc.Application2.Keywords     <-- info.attributes().key("Keywords")
Iptc.Application2.City              <-- info.attributes().key("Locations")

Right now I maped it that way from Iptc to info:
info.setDescription                  <-- Iptc.Application2.Caption
info.addAttributes("Keywords") <-- Iptc.Application2.Keywords
info.addAttributes("Locations")  <-- Iptc.Application2.City
info.setTitle                             <-- Iptc.Application2.Headline

Just want to know if you agree with this mapping.
Does metadataedit do the same ?
If not I can think about an integration between both plugin =)

Cheers.
Fabien