[Kde-imaging] [RFC] moving to kde4

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Tue Mar 6 16:12:52 CET 2007

Alle 16:01, martedì 6 marzo 2007, Valerio Fuoglio (thewally) ha scritto:
> > I would to post a message to Valerio about KDE 4 port : If we want to have
> > kipi-plugins ported to win32, the imlib2 depency need to be removed from
> > slideshow plugin. imlib2 is used to load and cache image files. imlib2 is
> > not used to render image on screen (with 2D slideshow part)
> >
> > imlib2 is a problem with Win32. its depand of X11 header indeep. The
> > solution is to use a QT cache mechanism like the new opengl viewer plugin
> > do
>
> Ok, few days ago, I've sent an implementation pf imlib2 for slideshowgl
> (as I've understood, it's needed by libkdcraw) to Angelo for testing. So,
> if it will works, will be used only for qt3 branch.
... who didn't test :/
from my point of view if you think is ok you can release it, i haven't
plann aney release yet, but sure we can do another qt3 one sooner or later.

> Do I have understood well? Is imlib2 needed into slideshow's code by
> libkdcraw?

Gilles?

Anyway the idea is to have a branch in which to work under kde4, but
using svn it's the same working in trunk for that. Let's wait for extragear group
answers.