[Kde-imaging] [RFC] moving to kde4

Valerio Fuoglio (thewally) thewally at linux.it
Tue Mar 6 16:01:35 CET 2007

> I would to post a message to Valerio about KDE 4 port : If we want to have
> kipi-plugins ported to win32, the imlib2 depency need to be removed from
> slideshow plugin. imlib2 is used to load and cache image files. imlib2 is
> not used to render image on screen (with 2D slideshow part)
>
> imlib2 is a problem with Win32. its depand of X11 header indeep. The
> solution is to use a QT cache mechanism like the new opengl viewer plugin
> do

Ok, few days ago, I've sent an implementation pf imlib2 for slideshowgl
(as I've understood, it's needed by libkdcraw) to Angelo for testing. So,
if it will works, will be used only for qt3 branch.

Do I have understood well? Is imlib2 needed into slideshow's code by
libkdcraw?

> Perhaps a shared implementation in kipi-plugins/common folder is the best
> way to prevent redondant code...

I agree.

> Gilles

Valerio

P.S. : Please, is there any link to win32 testing version of KDE4 ?