[Kde-imaging] [RFC] moving to kde4

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 16:24:30 CET 2007

2007/3/6, Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it>:

> Alle 16:01, martedì 6 marzo 2007, Valerio Fuoglio (thewally) ha scritto:
> > > I would to post a message to Valerio about KDE 4 port : If we want to
> have
> > > kipi-plugins ported to win32, the imlib2 depency need to be removed
> from
> > > slideshow plugin. imlib2 is used to load and cache image files. imlib2
> is
> > > not used to render image on screen (with 2D slideshow part)
> > >
> > > imlib2 is a problem with Win32. its depand of X11 header indeep. The
> > > solution is to use a QT cache mechanism like the new opengl viewer
> plugin
> > > do
> >
> > Ok, few days ago, I've sent an implementation pf imlib2 for slideshowgl
> > (as I've understood, it's needed by libkdcraw) to Angelo for testing.
> So,
> > if it will works, will be used only for qt3 branch.
> ... who didn't test :/
> from my point of view if you think is ok you can release it, i haven't
> plann aney release yet, but sure we can do another qt3 one sooner or
> later.
> >
> > Do I have understood well? Is imlib2 needed into slideshow's code by
> > libkdcraw?

is imlib2 is require by libkdcraw ? (:=))), well  no...

remember than the libkdcraw return a QImage with the embedded preview
picture from RAW file. The image data are converter to a imlib2 image
container to be stored in the imlib2 cache.

I recommend you to remove the imlib2 depency now, if you can of course...
It's more clean and very easy to do. The cache implementation is already
done in OpenGL viewer. Just adapt the imlib2 interface from Slideshow to use
Qt implementation instead imlib2 and that all...

> Gilles?
>
> Anyway the idea is to have a branch in which to work under kde4, but
> using svn it's the same working in trunk for that. Let's wait for
> extragear group
> answers.

fine. We must work like other KDE parts...