[Kde-imaging] port kipi-plugins to KDE4...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:58:04 CEST 2007

2007/7/23, Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it>:

> > MpegEncoder
> > PrintWizard
> > CdArchiving
> I don't know when but i like to be present (or try to do that by myself)
> for the above
> plugins.
> - CD-Archiving sholud change its name, i seem to remember a thread in
> which
> an English person dislike its name (Col can you point me to a good name?)
> Moreover i don't like the label "CD" why CD? it can be also DVD but in
> future
> an USB-key or any other Backup archive...
> Another issue I'd like to change, time allowing, is to use html-export
> plugin
> instead of the old web export interface...
> - Printwizard, in my little spare time i feel motivated to work on this
> and i have
> some changes in mind so please let me know if you need it to be ported
> soon.
> - MpegEncoder, i changed something on that in past, but it is a little bit
> old,
> it needs to be updated to modern technologies, but i had some feed backs
> from people but no-one that has seriously taken it in maintainance .
>
> > FindImages : obsolete (for digiKam). New advanced search tool will do it
> in
> > digiKam core using DB.

In digiKam we have plan to do a big update of database content, including
Haar matrix for each image to process fuzzy search.

Currently FindImage use a local cache in disk to store another type of image
checksum. this way is too slow.

Also this plugin is not fully integrated in digiKam Album gui interface.
There are few B.K.O reports about this problem.

> KameraKlient : obsolete (for digiKam). it will be never ported by digiKam
> > team.
> Well I'm not happy to hear that, I can understand digikam is not
> interested
> in that, but maybe kipi-plugins is, so plugins that are used by other
> hosts
> should be supported anyway.

In this case, others kipi hosts developpers must do this port (:=))).

> You know digikam could also avoid slideshow,
> but do we have to remove it for that?

This is different. kipi slideshow use OpenGL. digiKAm slideshow tool is more
simple and don't use OpenGL. This solve a problem about users who don't have
openGL card can slide image as well.

I think to you as a kipi developer, once you told me "we are a team" and
> that should be.
> Just a note, with old libexiv2 and digikam 0.9.1 my father could not
> download
> images from his camera,

I recommend to use last exiv2 stable when it's possible and digiKam 0.9.2

but wow! he was lucky he could do that from
> kameraklient using gwenview... so are you sure it isn't useful?

kameraklient is a un-maintened plugin Code source come from digiKam
0.6release... It's a fork in fact...

Download options are more improved in digiKam camera interface.