[Kde-imaging] port kipi-plugins to KDE4...

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Mon Jul 23 12:29:32 CEST 2007

> Currently FindImage use a local cache in disk to store another type of image
> checksum. this way is too slow.
From AUTHORS file maintainers are:
Find images         : Jesper K. Pedersen and Richard Groult
Any comments?
> Also this plugin is not fully integrated in digiKam Album gui interface.
> There are few B.K.O reports about this problem.
Well you can disable it into digikam :p

> > KameraKlient : obsolete (for digiKam). it will be never ported by digiKam
> > > team.
> > Well I'm not happy to hear that, I can understand digikam is not
> > interested
> > in that, but maybe kipi-plugins is, so plugins that are used by other
> > hosts
> > should be supported anyway.
>

> In this case, others kipi hosts developpers must do this port (:=))).
I'd love to! But we are suppose to provide plugins, they're suppose to use
(or not them).
But as always we've a lack of maintainers.

> kameraklient is a un-maintened plugin Code source come from digiKam
> 0.6release... It's a fork in fact...
I don't know what to say, should we remove them?
digikam users could not see any difference, but i don't know anything about other
host application users (note *users* not developers).