[Kde-imaging] port kipi-plugins to KDE4...

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Mon Jul 23 11:24:55 CEST 2007

> MpegEncoder
> PrintWizard
> CdArchiving
I don't know when but i like to be present (or try to do that by myself) for the above
plugins.
- CD-Archiving sholud change its name, i seem to remember a thread in which
an English person dislike its name (Col can you point me to a good name?)
Moreover i don't like the label "CD" why CD? it can be also DVD but in future
an USB-key or any other Backup archive...
Another issue I'd like to change, time allowing, is to use html-export plugin
instead of the old web export interface...
- Printwizard, in my little spare time i feel motivated to work on this and i have
some changes in mind so please let me know if you need it to be ported soon.
- MpegEncoder, i changed something on that in past, but it is a little bit old,
it needs to be updated to modern technologies, but i had some feed backs
from people but no-one that has seriously taken it in maintainance .

> FindImages : obsolete (for digiKam). New advanced search tool will do it in
> digiKam core using DB.
> KameraKlient : obsolete (for digiKam). it will be never ported by digiKam
> team.
Well I'm not happy to hear that, I can understand digikam is not interested
in that, but maybe kipi-plugins is, so plugins that are used by other hosts
should be supported anyway. You know digikam could also avoid slideshow,
but do we have to remove it for that?
I think to you as a kipi developer, once you told me "we are a team" and
that should be.
Just a note, with old libexiv2 and digikam 0.9.1 my father could not download
images from his camera, but wow! he was lucky he could do that from
kameraklient using gwenview... so are you sure it isn't useful?
Maybe one day these plugins could be used from konqui directly... maybe.