[Kde-imaging] KIPI image viewer plugin update

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Thu Feb 15 10:08:52 CET 2007

Alle 01:43, giovedì 15 febbraio 2007, Markus Leuthold ha scritto:
> On Wednesday 14 February 2007 19.23:11 Gerhard Kulzer wrote:

> > > well I believe you can ask for an SVN account to kde admin -if you
> > > haven't yet- and the rigths to close bugs in bko as well and in the
> > > meanwhile fixing the cout, so you can add your work in kipi-plugins and
> > > have all the feedbacks you need ;)
> > >
> > > Angelo
> >
> > I just want to support Markus' plugin, it is way sharper than the native
> > slideshow on my setup. It's only drawback is that it can't display RAW
> > files.
> >
> > Gerhard
>
> I got an svn account and checked the plugin into the kde svn repository.
> Please report bugs via bko from now on. Yes, the image viewer does not
> support raw files. Neither does the existing KIPI slideshow. At least the
> image viewer doesn't crash your computer anymore when trying to view raw
> files. I won't implement raw support since my cam only generates jpg. But
> maybe somebody can adopt the raw loader of digikam, shouldn't be too
> difficult.
I didn't remember what he said but Gilles told you what to look at to have
an idea on how to use raw files, he already implemented something in kipi
for that. As soon as you inserted the management don't worry you'll have
feedbacks from users, and Gilles as you know uses raw files as well. ;)

> I'm tempted to implement slideshow functionality, although there seems to be a
> slideshow added to digikam recently. Maybe I'll have a look at it first if it
One and for all, digikam is a *different* project, Kipi-plugins are used by other
host applications than digikam, so a slideshow in digikam won't mean that slideshow
is nonsense for others.
Moreover on this subject we have a slideshow already, so there's no need to have
duplication of code, the right way should be to cooperate, since *we* are a team,
and improve/change/renewal or whatelse our slideshow.

Regards,