[Kde-imaging] Problems with "HTML Export" plugin

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Fri Apr 27 10:49:34 CEST 2007

Alle venerdì 27 aprile 2007, Colin McMillen ha scritto:
> > It is probably time for me to acknowledge that I can't maintain the kipi
> > plugins I am supposed to maintain anymore. I will nevertheless try to move
> > the HTML export plugin to a better shape before leaving.
>
> I'm sorry to hear that.  Is there any chance of making the old plugin
> available as well, or is it too far out of date?
>
> Alternately, would you accept patches that fix the 2 problems I specified?
Patches are always welcome as any other kind of feedbacks. :)

> I'm not familiar with KDE / KIPI / digiKam development, but it looks
> like changing the image order should be a relatively trivial change to
> generator.cpp.  I've gotten the code out of SVN, but am having
> problems building libkexiv2 (sorry, I have no experience building KDE
> projects).  I opened the libkexiv2.kdevelop file in kdevelop, but
> building the project gave an error about not being able to find
> "Makefile.cvs" or "autogen.sh".  Any hints?
the trick is to download all the libs project.
I mean
svn co  svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/libs libs
cd libs
make -F Makefile.cvs
./configure --prefix=$HOME/myexecpath --enable-debug=full
make && make install
export KDEDIRS=$HOME/myexecpath:/usr
export PATH=$HOME/myexecpath/bin:$PATH
kbuildsycoca

maybe you need LD_LIBRARY_PATH as well I'm not sure of that.
And that's all you should be able to run kipi-plugins into your
preferred host application: digikam, gwenview,...

> Once I get kipi-plugins built, I presume I need to compile the latest
> digiKam and link against the right kipi?  Or can I get by without
That should not be necessary, but it depends on the libkipi you have
on your system, I didn't remember which version broke the back
compatibilty.

Hth,