[Kde-imaging] Problems with "HTML Export" plugin

Colin McMillen mcmillen at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Apr 27 04:10:40 CEST 2007

> It is probably time for me to acknowledge that I can't maintain the kipi
> plugins I am supposed to maintain anymore. I will nevertheless try to move
> the HTML export plugin to a better shape before leaving.

I'm sorry to hear that.  Is there any chance of making the old plugin
available as well, or is it too far out of date?

Alternately, would you accept patches that fix the 2 problems I specified?

I'm not familiar with KDE / KIPI / digiKam development, but it looks
like changing the image order should be a relatively trivial change to
generator.cpp.  I've gotten the code out of SVN, but am having
problems building libkexiv2 (sorry, I have no experience building KDE
projects).  I opened the libkexiv2.kdevelop file in kdevelop, but
building the project gave an error about not being able to find
"Makefile.cvs" or "autogen.sh".  Any hints?

Once I get kipi-plugins built, I presume I need to compile the latest
digiKam and link against the right kipi?  Or can I get by without
using my system's binary install of digiKam? (for example, by setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the build directory?)

The rotation looks to be a bit more involved, but I can probably
figure that out if I have a spare weekend :)

Thanks for any help,
Colin