[Kde-imaging] Print Wizard Plugin (discussion transferred from digikam-users list)

David Aldred nr at familyaldred.org.uk
Sun Oct 1 12:03:31 CEST 2006

On Monday 02 October 2006 09:12, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le Samedi 30 Septembre 2006 09:36 PM, David Aldred a écrit :

> > Ah, a possible issue: slocate exiv reveals that the previous version
> > lives in /usr/lib.   Can I simply shift the exiv directory in
> > /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib, or is there another step needed?
> >
> > Sorry if this stuff is basic, but that's the level I'm at at the
> > moment....
>
> In first, uninstall old Exiv2 release form you computer.
>
> 2nd, use ./configure --prefix=/usr to install Exiv2 library in /usr.
>
> 3rd, you need to recompile kipi-plugins (from trunk) and digikam (from
> trunk) because both are linked with the library. Because the library are
> changed between these release, the binary compatibility is broken. this is
> why digikam is broken.

Thanks, it's working now.

For anyone else trying this on an Ubuntu box (and so possibly on other
Debian-based systems), uninstalling the old exiv2 release using apt wasn't
completely successful - it left an old libexiv file behind, which I had to
remove manually before the newly compiled Digikam would run.

Now to start looking at that code....

--
David Aldred