[Kde-imaging] Print Wizard Plugin (discussion transferred from digikam-users list)

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Oct 2 10:12:36 CEST 2006

Le Samedi 30 Septembre 2006 09:36 PM, David Aldred a écrit :
> On Saturday 30 September 2006 09:12, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> > Le Samedi 30 Septembre 2006 00:48, chris bayley a écrit :
> > > You may need to update exiv2 ...  I am running 0.10 which does include
> > > 'dataSetTitle'
> >
> > Use Exiv2 0.11. It's better than 0.10.
>
> Ok, I've tried installing Exiv2.0.11 and on the face of it that didn't
> help!
>
> First - have I done it right.  Steps:
>
> - Downloaded source tarball from the Exiv site;
> - Untar
> - make config
> - ./configure
> - make
> - make install
>
> This appears to work - there is a comforting message telling me the
> libraries have been installed in /usr/local/lib.
>
> Ah, a possible issue: slocate exiv reveals that the previous version lives
> in /usr/lib.   Can I simply shift the exiv directory in /usr/local/lib
> to /usr/lib, or is there another step needed?
>
> Sorry if this stuff is basic, but that's the level I'm at at the moment....

In first, uninstall old Exiv2 release form you computer.

2nd, use ./configure --prefix=/usr to install Exiv2 library in /usr.

3rd, you need to recompile kipi-plugins (from trunk) and digikam (from trunk)
because both are linked with the library. Because the library are changed
between these release, the binary compatibility is broken. this is why
digikam is broken.