[Kde-imaging] Print Wizard Plugin (discussion transferred from digikam-users list)

David Aldred nr at familyaldred.org.uk
Sun Oct 1 20:32:09 CEST 2006

OK: the plan is this.

The present PrintWizard has its page sizes and photo layouts hard-coded.  This
seems to me to be less than optimal.

I'm proposing to change this so that the PrintWizard gets its layouts from two
XML files:

 - first, a standard set of layouts, located in a file distributed with the
application;

 - Second a user-level file which allows the user to define new layouts.

Is this in line with usual KDE policies?

I note that the main Digikam program has its cameras.xml file only in the
user's ~/.kde tree: rather than expecting to use two files for layouts,
should I be either arranging to write the standard layouts to a file in the
user's space (which can then be amended to add non-standard layouts), or
leaving the standard stuff hard-coded (probably easier!)?

--
David Aldred