[Kde-imaging] new release thoughts (and thoughts)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Nov 20 10:52:17 CET 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 11:36, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Alle 11:24, lunedì 20 novembre 2006, Colin Guthrie ha scritto:
> > Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > which are the kipi-plugins dependencies for ipod and libexiv?
> > > I mean Col couldn't build under Mandriva developer version, that
> > > should have last release of any packages, reading the svn log
> > > of README file Gilles said: "update Exiv2 depency to future 0.12
> > > release".
> > >
> > > That makes me thinking that next beta could not be released with such
> > > limitation, am I wrong?
> >
> > I guess Gilles comments on the libexiv related stuff are fair (we wait
> > for a new release of exiv2 as I understand it).
>
> Right, as far as I understood from Gilles there're problems with
> current libexiv. Now Gilles what do you suggest, we'd better to wait
> for it?

Well current Exiv2 implementation is fixed. I'm waiting informations from
Exiv2 author (Andreas Huggel) to see if we can release a new stable version
named 0.11.1 now witch fix the 0.11 indeep problem.

At least, i'm sure than the next version 0.12 will be published at Christmast.
This version will fix 0.11 and include a lot of makernoter parser update and
NLS support. This implementation is developed by me and Andreas in a separate
svn branch.