[Kde-imaging] new release thoughts (and thoughts)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Nov 20 14:12:38 CET 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 10:52, Gilles Caulier(UNTRUSTED, sender is
<kde-imaging-bounces-+caulier.gilles=kdemail.net at kde.org>) wrote:
> On Monday 20 November 2006 11:36, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > Alle 11:24, lunedì 20 novembre 2006, Colin Guthrie ha scritto:

> > > I guess Gilles comments on the libexiv related stuff are fair (we wait
> > > for a new release of exiv2 as I understand it).
> >
> > Right, as far as I understood from Gilles there're problems with
> > current libexiv. Now Gilles what do you suggest, we'd better to wait
> > for it?
>
> Well current Exiv2 implementation is fixed. I'm waiting informations from
> Exiv2 author (Andreas Huggel) to see if we can release a new stable version
> named 0.11.1 now witch fix the 0.11 indeep problem.

well, this is the copy of a private mail between me and Andreas about Exiv2
release issue :

// -----------------------------------------------------
> Andreas, 3 pending B.K.O files can take a while to close if users aren't
> active (generaly reports on B.K.O are most active during week end.)
>
> This is my proposal :
>
> - Do not merge gettext branch into trunk now.
> - Release as well Exiv2 without NLS support to have a clean Exiv2 release
> before to add new advanced improvements (like NLS, makernote update, etc.)
> - Release Exiv2 with NLS just later (at Christmast for example to have a
> feedback of gettext implementation from digiKam/kipi-plugins users witch use
> Exiv2 svn implementation).
>
> What do you think about ?

Yes, I was thinking of that too. So I'll target to release 0.12 on the
coming weekend, that's the earliest I can. It will contain what is in
the trunk now (mostly bugfixes, a few small features and your desc
updates) plus maybe a few additional minor changes that I'll add this
week, so it should be very stable.

-ahu.