[Kde-imaging] new release thoughts (and thoughts)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Nov 20 11:24:45 CET 2006

Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Hi,
>>> Well since 1) and 2) means committing something new on svn, I believe
>>> we should wait for a while to release new kipi, so a week more
>>> it could be a gooda idea.
>
> which are the kipi-plugins dependencies for ipod and libexiv?
> I mean Col couldn't build under Mandriva developer version, that
> should have last release of any packages, reading the svn log
> of README file Gilles said: "update Exiv2 depency to future 0.12 release".
>
> That makes me thinking that next beta could not be released with such
> limitation, am I wrong?

I guess Gilles comments on the libexiv related stuff are fair (we wait
for a new release of exiv2 as I understand it).

But I am not sure about the libgpod stuff. Seb is the expert their but
from what I can tell, there is no public release of e.g. 0.4.1 version
which I presume is needed by Seb's latest revision.

Col.