[Kde-imaging] new release thoughts (and thoughts)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Nov 20 08:58:22 CET 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 09:57, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Well since 1) and 2) means committing something new on svn, I believe
> > > we should wait for a while to release new kipi, so a week more
> > > it could be a gooda idea.
>
> which are the kipi-plugins dependencies for ipod and libexiv?
> I mean Col couldn't build under Mandriva developer version, that
> should have last release of any packages, reading the svn log
> of README file Gilles said: "update Exiv2 depency to future 0.12 release".
>
> That makes me thinking that next beta could not be released with such
> limitation, am I wrong?

About libexiv2, there is an indeep bug in this library version 0.11 (last
stable). It's fixed in cuurent implementation from svn. At soon, a new Exiv2
release (0.12) will be availalble. I will have more information about during
this week.

In digiKam core, like we use Exiv2 library everywhere, there are 10 B.K.O
files (crash reports) currently under closing. In fact we waiting that all
bug reports are closed to post new Exiv2 release.

Gilles.