[Kde-imaging] About the incoming release (0.1.0-rc2)

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Tue May 2 19:41:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

Op maandag 1 mei 2006 19:02, schreef Angelo Naselli:
> first of all apologize to you for my absence in this week-end,
> I spent it with my family.

Only apologize for things you regret.

> Now here is what i think we can do since we couldn't fix all
> the bugs at least the critical ones. I can upload the new version
> as it is in the next couple of days. I've already built a tar.bz2
> but i'd like to test it first (well I can rebuild again if someone
> would like to add something else of course :) ).
> That has:
> * a lot of fixing (I added some on changelog)

I agree with Achim, a generated changelog, a manually edited NEWS and a
revision marker somewhere.

You can generate a good changelog with this command (adjusted to your path):
svn log -v --xml \
    https://toma@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/utils/rsibreak \
 | python /usr/src/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/release/svn2log.py  \
          -u /usr/src/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/accounts

(for rsibreak, i added the command in a script and added it to svn, and delete
it in the release script, see playground/utils/rsibreak).

> * new html export plugin

Is the old one deleted already? If not I vote for removal. Bugs can be closed.

?

> * 3 critical bugs (one probably invalid).
> This solution could mean we should think to have a rc3 before
> final, at least to test better new plugin interaction (at least
> I believe).

Yes, lets bring out  a rc3, and two weeks later the final. In the meanwhile a
feature and messagefreeze.

> OTOH we can wait a week and hope we'll fix all the bugs and
> remove images gallery export.
>
> WDYT?
>
> Angelo
>
> P.S. I built also libkexif-0.2.3.tar.bz2  and libkipi-0.1.3.tar.bz2
> since I don't know if there are changes from last release, let me
> know if it isn't needed.

Yes, we should release them too. If there has been no change, at least there
are updated translations.

Toma