[Kde-imaging] About the incoming release (0.1.0-rc2)

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Tue May 2 13:57:21 CEST 2006

Alle 09:29, martedì 2 maggio 2006, Achim Bohnet ha scritto:
> On Monday 01 May 2006 19:02, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > Hi,
> > first of all apologize to you for my absence in this week-end,
> > I spent it with my family.
>
> Hi Angelo,
>
> IMHO no need to apologize.  Hope you had a very nice time!
:)

> Please post a download URL so others can test (builds) too.
> I at least would like to check that buildir!=srcdir works ;)
As it is by now i don't have any place where to put it, except
the official site, but i'd prefer not to. Tonight I'm going to see
if i can find any and see.
Anyway I'll rebuild it since Gilles has release some part of fixings.

> > That has:
> > * a lot of fixing (I added some on changelog)
>
> Not sure if this is the general accepted/used way
I'm sorry, but i thought that was the right place, now with your
advices I'm going to have a look at digikam way, thanks.

> o ChangeLog is a list of svn commit msgs  (a script is at e.g.
>   see stable/extragear/graphics/digikam/release_digikam_cl.sh)
>
> o NEWS contains selected fixes and highlights of the release
>   that can be cut & pasted for the announcement e-mail.

> FWIW: I tend to have forgoten the revision used for a release
> when I have to svn copy to tags/.  So I added to digikam_release.rb
I have to check if i have the rights to do that, I don't know if there is
some different policies for commit access and other svn commands.
And well a ruby script seems to be simple to read, but I've never
programmed in ruby (but some changes into toma scripts).

> Release early, release often.  So I would vote for rc2 + rc3
Ok I'm going to check the above things first, then I'll do.
Surely within next Saturday. Anyway I'd like to have Aurelien
and Toma feedbacks first.

> So IMHO both worth a new release.
Good as confirmed by Gilles.