[Kde-imaging] BKO status and comments.

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Tue May 2 14:04:28 CEST 2006

> > > Using ImageMagick API still todo. Can be done before final release, not
> > > later.
> >
> > Agreed. Let me know how's going on. what do digikam developers think about
> > your changes (except you of course :) )?
>
> Nota: it's holliday time for me during this week. I will trying to complete
> this job. It's not really complicated to do but i would complete all indeep
> test for that.
Well only if you have time of course, thanks.

> Also, we need to add a test in .configure about to check image magick api. I
> think this can get from showimg (not sure) or another project.
Well I can do that if you want to, as soon as you add your changes.
But when do we release it rc2 or whatelse?

> I will trying to use the libkipi batch process dialog intead the plugin
> dialog.
ok.
> Ah, well libkexif do not have a method to fix this point. It's can be more
> complex to do.
well we can postpone it after 0.1.0, with the libkxxx reworking.

> About Exif management, i propose to use Exiv2 intead libkexif everywhere in
> kipi. digiKam do not use libkexif, but Exiv2 instead now. It's a very
> powerfull library (i will contrib in this project later digikam 0.9.0-beta 1
> release). What do you think about ?
I'm going to have a look at it asap, but in such a case what do you suggest
cutting off the libkexif?