[Kde-imaging] BKO status and comments.

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue May 2 15:19:25 CEST 2006

Le Mardi 02 Mai 2006 02:04 PM, Angelo Naselli a écrit :

> > > Agreed. Let me know how's going on. what do digikam developers think
> > > about your changes (except you of course :) )?
> >
> > Nota: it's holliday time for me during this week. I will trying to
> > complete this job. It's not really complicated to do but i would complete
> > all indeep test for that.
>
> Well only if you have time of course, thanks.

Angelo, the code using ImageMagick to perform rotate/flip/convert2BW is ready
on my computer. I just need to polish source code before to commit (:=)))...

> > Also, we need to add a test in .configure about to check image magick
> > api. I think this can get from showimg (not sure) or another project.
>
> Well I can do that if you want to, as soon as you add your changes.
> But when do we release it rc2 or whatelse?

If you is agree, i will comit the code today...

I have used ImageMagick C++ API (libMagick++6.2.4 under mandriva 2006). i need
to add a depency into .configure because JpegLossLess plugin is linked with
-lMagick++. Can you do a test about ImageMagick avaibility in svn using
some .configure script part from showimg or gwenview (not sure) ?

> > I will trying to use the libkipi batch process dialog intead the plugin
> > dialog.
>
> ok.

> > Ah, well libkexif do not have a method to fix this point. It's can be
> > more complex to do.
>
> well we can postpone it after 0.1.0, with the libkxxx reworking.
>
> > About Exif management, i propose to use Exiv2 intead libkexif everywhere
> > in kipi. digiKam do not use libkexif, but Exiv2 instead now. It's a very
> > powerfull library (i will contrib in this project later digikam
> > 0.9.0-beta 1 release). What do you think about ?
>
> I'm going to have a look at it asap, but in such a case what do you suggest
> cutting off the libkexif?

Well yes. Exiv2 is more powerfull and easy to use. It's support Exif,
Makernotes, IPTC, can parse TIFF/EP files (like CRW, CR2, NEF, etc...).

In the future, XMP metadata will be supported to !