[Kde-imaging] BKO status and comments.

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue May 2 10:10:42 CEST 2006

Le Mardi 02 Mai 2006 09:52 AM, Angelo Naselli a écrit :
> Alle 23:24, lunedì 1 maggio 2006, Caulier Gilles ha scritto:
> > > jpegloss (Gilles)
> > > 123.499	cri	raw images are rotated wrong
> > > Apologize to Gilles for this, because his changes
> > > would impact with all the host applications. So please
> > > developers can you anser him to allow him going on?
> >
> > Qt api is now disable. Only JPEG file can be processed by this plugin.
> > B.K.O file status can be toogle from critic to normal
>
> Good, that could be what we need to have a less critical rc2. :)
>
> > Using ImageMagick API still todo. Can be done before final release, not
> > later.
>
> Agreed. Let me know how's going on. what do digikam developers think about
> your changes (except you of course :) )?

Nota: it's holliday time for me during this week. I will trying to complete
this job. It's not really complicated to do but i would complete all indeep
test for that.

Also, we need to add a test in .configure about to check image magick api. I
think this can get from showimg (not sure) or another project.

> > > 100.835	nor  Auto-rotate image error dialog blocks rotate cancel button

I will trying to use the libkipi batch process dialog intead the plugin
dialog.

> > > 119.537	nor  Exif width and height are not corrected after lossless
> > > ro...

Ah, well libkexif do not have a method to fix this point. It's can be more
complex to do.

About Exif management, i propose to use Exiv2 intead libkexif everywhere in
kipi. digiKam do not use libkexif, but Exiv2 instead now. It's a very
powerfull library (i will contrib in this project later digikam 0.9.0-beta 1
release). What do you think about ?