[Kde-imaging] Reg KIPI

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Tue Mar 28 22:51:27 CEST 2006

Le Mardi 28 Mars 2006 18:42, Angelo Naselli a écrit :
> Alle 17:56, martedì 28 marzo 2006, Vardhman Jain ha scritto:
> > Hi all,
> >         I posted a mail inquiring feasibility of some addition in the
> > KIPI interface, 2-3 days ago. Haven't received any suggestions/replies on
> > that.
>
> I should have missed it, i'll check at home where i have some backups.

Same thing here. Didn't get this mail.

> > Can I ask some non-digikam developers to give some attention to the mail
> > regarding libkipi enhancement ? Also Can we have a more regular release
> > schedule for kipi-plugins ? If its too difficult to coordinate why not
> > allow the Digikam developers to take the complete responsbility. I am not
> > trying to start a flame war here, I just want to express my concern over
> > the issue.
>
> Here are some thought, in the next few days I'd like to release a
> kipi-plugins, libkipi and libkexif svn snapshot for mandriva cooker
> (developer version of Mandriva, e.g. next mdv 2007). To do that I had a
> look at the scripts Tom had released in svn (thanks they're great, i
> changed them to use anonsvn and to release a -svn`date +%Y%m&d` package.
> So i believe I can do that to help next official release, leaving to some
> more karma kde people the bureaucracy of freezing and announcing the
> release.
>
> Anyway my dream is to have a rc2 about April in the middle, and a great
> dream to have 1.0 in June.
> dev: Do you think we can reach it? I'm going (and already doing it) to
> follow bko and try to recall bugs to the (not very official) maintainers.
> There are about 100 bugs, but the most are wishes... so we can work on them
> after 1.0.
>
> Let me hear I'm not alone to think that :)

If we make some additions to the KIPI API, we might need to adjust this
schedule, but I give you my vote as the next release dude! I think we could
request the necessary KDE karma for you to be able to manage this release.

Aurélien,
  Who is going back to hack HTMLExport a bit more.