[Kde-imaging] Reg KIPI

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Tue Mar 28 18:42:55 CEST 2006

Alle 17:56, martedì 28 marzo 2006, Vardhman Jain ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>         I posted a mail inquiring feasibility of some addition in the KIPI
> interface, 2-3 days ago. Haven't received any suggestions/replies on that.
I should have missed it, i'll check at home where i have some backups.

> The problem with kipi development seems not to be solved as yet. Even after
> assigning individuals to maintain each plugin, the libkipi itself seems to
> remain short of any commited developer.
I believe the problem is that the real kipi-plugins managers are (or were)
digikam developers, and they all (or almost) agree that they don't
want to do all, or at least more.

> Can I ask some non-digikam developers to give some attention to the mail
> regarding libkipi enhancement ? Also Can we have a more regular release
> schedule for kipi-plugins ? If its too difficult to coordinate why not allow
> the Digikam developers to take the complete responsbility. I am not trying
> to start a flame war here, I just want to express my concern over the issue.
Here I am, i have a job that in these days take me 36h per day, but when
i don't fall asleep i try to work on this project because i like it and for historical
reasons.

Here are some thought, in the next few days I'd like to release a kipi-plugins,
libkipi and libkexif svn snapshot for mandriva cooker (developer version of
Mandriva, e.g. next mdv 2007). To do that I had a look at the scripts Tom had
released in svn (thanks they're great, i changed them to use anonsvn and to
release a -svn`date +%Y%m&d` package.
So i believe I can do that to help next official release, leaving to some more
karma kde people the bureaucracy of freezing and announcing the release.

Anyway my dream is to have a rc2 about April in the middle, and a great dream
to have 1.0 in June.
dev: Do you think we can reach it? I'm going (and already doing it) to follow
bko and try to recall bugs to the (not very official) maintainers. There are about
100 bugs, but the most are wishes... so we can work on them after 1.0.

Let me hear I'm not alone to think that :)