[Kde-imaging] Reg KIPI

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 17:56:53 CEST 2006

Hi all,
        I posted a mail inquiring feasibility of some addition in the KIPI
interface, 2-3 days ago. Haven't received any suggestions/replies on that.
The problem with kipi development seems not to be solved as yet. Even after
assigning individuals to maintain each plugin, the libkipi itself seems to
remain short of any commited developer.

Can I ask some non-digikam developers to give some attention to the mail
regarding libkipi enhancement ? Also Can we have a more regular release
schedule for kipi-plugins ? If its too difficult to coordinate why not allow
the Digikam developers to take the complete responsbility. I am not trying
to start a flame war here, I just want to express my concern over the issue.

As a kipi-developer, I don't see my plugin being available to the user
easily. (First they have to seperately install this libkipi etc stuff and
then the updated version can only be obtained from the SVN). With so much
development going on in various kipi-plugins we should atleast ensure as
frequent issues of kipi as we have for digikam and digikam image plugins.
This is not to overshadow the other projects which support kipi but only to
enhance the kipi-plugins availability to users.

I hope to hear some suggestion this time.

Regards,
Vardhman
--
Blogs: http://vardhman.blogspot.com