[Kde-imaging] cdarchiving maintainance and imagegallery(2) thoughts

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Mon Feb 20 16:02:47 CET 2006

Alle 15:53, lunedì 20 febbraio 2006, Sebastian Röder ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> one the maintainer list that was posted a week or so ago there was nobody
> maintaining the cdarchiving plugin. Is this still the case?
>
> I am waiting for a longer time now for some bugs to be fixed that are reported
> in bko - exspecialy the "wrong order in html interface" thing. In general I
> like the features and results of this plugin very much - it is e.g. way
> better then the cdexport in ACDSEE 6.0 Pro. Would be nice if this small bugs
> could be squashed down soon.
>
> Further improvements would be better control over infos shown to each picture
> in the html interface (it shows path and size atm when I remember right) -
> but I don't know how much of the digikam db infos are accessable from within
> kipi.
>
> And last, it would be great to seperate CSS and html code (both are actualy
> just handled as streams in cdarchinving.cpp) to allow custom CSS.
>
> At this point I wonder why there are atempts to do an imagegallery2 instead of
> improving the code that is allready there and try to seperate html and css?
> Is this so much harder to do?
>
> I have bought the new c't (a German computer magazine) and there is an article
> about html image export software. I will write about everything interesting
> in this article later.
>
> Please fix the smaller bugs in cdarchinving soon, even if there is no
> dedicated maintainer yet. I have downloaded the cdarchiving.cpp and will try
> my best to fix it myself, but my C++ skills are way to basic I would say and
> I have no time till 2006-03-01 cause I have to finish my turnpapers.
>
> Best regards,
> Sebastian
As far as i can say I'm trying to learn more about kipi-plugins code (in my spare
time though) There are two plugins i'm looking through by now one of them is
cd archiving. I'm not able to take maintainership, at least not now, but I'm
trying to reproduce bugs and understand what i can do to solve them.

I believe this is a temporary time in which people is studying, we were near
to loose kipi-plugins at all. So be patience and if you can, try to help as you