[Kde-imaging] cdarchiving maintainance and imagegallery(2) thoughts

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Mon Feb 20 17:38:36 CET 2006

Sebastian Röder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> one the maintainer list that was posted a week or so ago there was nobody
> maintaining the cdarchiving plugin. Is this still the case?

Yes, I think so.

> And last, it would be great to seperate CSS and html code (both are
> actualy just handled as streams in cdarchinving.cpp) to allow custom CSS.
>
> At this point I wonder why there are atempts to do an imagegallery2
> instead of improving the code that is allready there and try to seperate
> html and css? Is this so much harder to do?

When I took ownership of imagegallery, I was told it needed to be rewritten.
So I did :-)

I'm doing all I can do to separate HTML and code. The current version of
ImageGallery2 already supports themes which are made of CSS + HTML with
some keywords + (optionally) images.

I agree with you that we should share code between the CD archiving and
ImageGallery2 to provide an HTML interface on CDs. In ImageGallery2, the
user interface and the HTML generator are separate classes, so it should be
easy to use the HTML generator from the cdarchiving plugin.